About Me

My name is Scarlett Mora, I am a 6th grade teacher with USD259, Wichita, KS. I am working towards a Masters in Curriculum and Instruction with an emphasis is technology. This blog will follow my journey as I discover new apps and sites to utilize in the classroom.

Sunday, September 7, 2014

Getting a Google account and G-mail in all its Glory

If you do not have a Google account you need one now!!  The Google account you create will also your g-mail address. If you already have a g-mail account that is your account as well.  


Now that you officially have your own account lets talk G-mail, My main personal email is still at hotmail.com, I have had it for probably fifteen years and never even considered what I may or may not be missing by staying with it. Today the heavens parted and I heard the angels singing, as I discovered all that G-mail can and wants to do for me. I will highlight a few of the most awesome features.  
Undo:That's right g-mail has an undo button! You accidentally send and email before your done..or maybe reconsider the wording, realize you did not spell check.. If you have the undo feature turned on a little button pops up and give you an extra 10 seconds to stop if from being sent, and it reverts back to a draft. Click on the video below for steps on how to start undoing things.

Todo List: We all have busy lives, we work, have families and more! How can we remember everything we need.have to do? Create a to-do list using your g-mail account.   
There is so many more things that G-mail can do check out an overview here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment