About Me

My name is Scarlett Mora, I am a 6th grade teacher with USD259, Wichita, KS. I am working towards a Masters in Curriculum and Instruction with an emphasis is technology. This blog will follow my journey as I discover new apps and sites to utilize in the classroom.

Sunday, September 28, 2014

Take a Tour using Google Earth

This week I discovered Google Earth , I had heard of it previously but I had not even considered the possible applications to the classroom.  With a quick Google search I was able to find numerous ready made lesson plans that would fit easily into my classroom and curriculum.  This teacher offers suggests some other applications.
Download Google Earth Here



One feature I found to be particularly promising with its classroom applications , is Google Tours. Google Tour Builder is a web-based storytelling tool which lets you easily create and explore stories and places around the world. I made a short tour of Albert Einsteins life. Check It out here   I can imagine infinite applications for tours across curricular areas, Language Arts could to a Shakespeare tour, Social Studies could give longitude and latitude lines and students could tell what they found there.  Watch the video below to create your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment