About Me

My name is Scarlett Mora, I am a 6th grade teacher with USD259, Wichita, KS. I am working towards a Masters in Curriculum and Instruction with an emphasis is technology. This blog will follow my journey as I discover new apps and sites to utilize in the classroom.

Monday, April 27, 2015

Google Search.. Results and Beyond

Google is the favored search engine for most people. Few people know about all the extra's that are already built in! You can refine your search's by reading level, file type, search a single site and more.   Check out this cheat sheet here. One feature that I like to use in the classroom is searching by grade level. This is great for differentiation it allows you to have some lower level and higher level readings. It is limited by only filtering results for three levels, basic, intermediate and advanced. Check out this step by step tutorial I created.

You can make your search's more specific by following these 21 Tips for getting better results! 

No comments:

Post a Comment