About Me

My name is Scarlett Mora, I am a 6th grade teacher with USD259, Wichita, KS. I am working towards a Masters in Curriculum and Instruction with an emphasis is technology. This blog will follow my journey as I discover new apps and sites to utilize in the classroom.

Sunday, April 5, 2015

Learning Management Systems : The Online Classroom

This week we explored Edmodo and Schoology , both are learning management systems (LMS).  Which is a fancy way of saying software used for  administration, tracking, reporting and delivery of online education. (E-learning) .

I am not an online teacher, but I can see application for both of these LMS in a regular classroom. You can post resources that your students can then view or review in the classroom or at home. Students who are ill or sick can easily get and track their homework.  Edmodo and Schoology both have pros and cons.

I am most familiar with Edmodo so I tended to gravitate more towards it when checking them both out. Watch this clip to get a brief overview of Edmodo.

Schoology seems to be a clear winner if you are needing an interface for students to be able to easily submit assignments from an Ipad . I also really liked schoology's resources, they were easy to search and seemed to be some really awesome stuff. Check out this clip for an overview of Schoology.

No comments:

Post a Comment